Since the world is quickly moving towards smart home products, smart thermostats are something you cannot ignore. Ever since Nest released its Learning thermostat in 2011, it opened an entire market for smart thermostats that would pave the way for many other players such as Ecobee, Honeywell and Bosch. Here is a detailed review of Smart thermostat.
How does a smart thermostat different from a regular one
It’s simple, smart thermostats come with WiFi connecting capability that helps you to control it using a mobile app, a browser, or a tablet. This smart connectivity opens up endless possibilities such as scheduling temperature controls, operating thermostat outside your home, adjusting settings based on time of the day and so much more.
A basic smart thermostat is good to start with. Pricier thermostats generally come with sensors that detect your movement to light up the display and with geo sensing technology that tells the thermostat to switch on/off based on your proximity to the thermostat’s location in the house. So if you are away from home, your thermostat knows it right away
Connection with other smart devices:
Nest thermostat from Google can work with other devices such as Nest protect alarm and Nest outdoor camera. For instance, you can have the camera begin recording when the Nest Protect senses smoke, or have it automatically turn on when your Nest Thermostat is set to Away mode.
Thermostats can also function as digital assistants:
They are not just here to control the temperature. In fact, some advanced thermostats such as Ecobee smart can do just about everything that an Echo speaker does. You can ask it to play music or weather updates and it works just fine
Here are a few things smart thermostats can do:
- Saves energy with its smart sensors
- Control heating and cooling from anywhere, even from outside your home
- Integration with digital assistants such as Google and Amazon Echo
- Scheduling temperatures and weather display (Max and Min temperature when you are away or based on season)
- Analytics (Energy history that tells your usage on a daily basis)
- The outer ring of the thermostat comes with different colors (to sync with the color of your wall or home design)
- Nest thermostat can control your humidifier if you have one