People who cannot leave their residence due to chronic sickness, a seizure, or a disability can now enjoy independence thanks to the mobility provided by an electric wheelchair, often called a power wheelchair. The Wheelchair may have four or even six wheels which help stabilize it. The batteries typically last 10 miles in complete charge, and then the recharging can be done. People’s self-esteem soars as they are less reliant on others as they become mobile on their own, and hence the electric chair can be called a life-saver. Find below the Top 10 Electric Wheelchairs in India ranked from one to ten.
Best Electric Wheelchairs in India to buy
1. Porto Mobility Ranger Quattro Ultra 600W
Key Features of Porto Mobility Ranger:
- 50 amps brushless motors
- A battery that lasts 45 miles in 1 complete charge
- Built-in suspension for great comfort
- Storage bag under the seat
- Sturdy and durable
Even though it may weigh fifty pounds, the Porto sails over any terrain, including curbs and maneuvering, which are best inside the house. The four-way suspension protects the user from shock absorption and ensures that the battery lasts a good 45 miles. Puncture-free tires and intelligent braking provide stability and comfort by the footrest, which can flip over, and the seat cushions detached for easy cleaning.
2. Shoprider Streamer Sport Travel
Key Features of Shoprider Streamer:
- Ensures maximum stability indoors or outdoors
- Adjustable seats
- Built-in battery charger
- Flexible armrests
- Rear-wheel drive enabled
- Can accommodate a user weighing 136 lbs
This is one of the Top 10 Electric Wheelchairs in India. All-terrain power wheelchair from Shoprider has a travel range of ten miles with the user seated in a well-designed captain’s seat measuring 19″. Greater maneuverability is provided with. 3″ inch ground clearance, and the armrests are adjustable. The footrest is there, and a single charge lasts eight miles.
3. ELENKER Electric Wheelchair
Key Features of ELENKER Electric Wheelchair:
- Easily foldable
- Design is of the Honeycomb Hole
- Hand brakes are two to prevent slipping
- Flexible Handles up to 2.5″
- Adjustable Footrests and arm handles
- Ventilation through the foam in the cushion
- Lithium battery 6 AH
The Elenker weighs just 41 lbs, making it easy to fit into the smallest spaces after folding it easily. Portability is not a hassle, and the Lightweight Wheelchair is sturdy as it is made out of Aluminium in its construction. The brushless motors ensure energy efficiency and low noise with high flexibility. The battery which can be charged at the port inside can endure 9.32 miles when fully charged.
4. Rubicon All Terrain Wheel Chair
Rubicon All Terrain Key Features:
- Heavy duty
- Lightweight at 70 lbs
- Suspension at the front and rear
- Removable cushions and seat for easy wash
- Built of Aluminum alloy
The Rubicon provides excellent comfort for the user while riding and stationery that makes it one of the Top 10 Electric Wheelchairs in India. Its maneuverability is perfect inside the house and outside, even on bumps. The folding is easy as it is light and compact in its design. Enhanced security with the ‘Anti-tip’ and seat belt and the chair can be stowed into a small space in your boot for transport.
5. Rubicon Lightweight (net weight 40 LBS) Foldable Electric Chair
Key Features of Rubicon Electric Chair:
- Lithium battery
- Aluminum alloy build
- Designed light for Portability
- Remote control available
- Two separate warranty for spare parts and batteries respectively
- Seven colors to choose from
- Weight is just 30 kg but can accommodate a user who weighs 165 Kg
The Rubicon weighing just 40 lbs is the Wheelchair acknowledged as the lightest one. The lightness leads to easy foldability and Portability too. In addition to that, you can store it in any small space, including your car’s boot. The tires are made of Superior rubber, and when this combines with the electromagnetic brakes, the stops are immediate, providing safety. It has motors that are powerful and equally good batteries that have a range of a minimum of 13 miles.
6. Golden Technologies Literider Envy Wheel Chair
Key Features of Golden Wheel Chair:
- The choice between six colors
- Lightweight at just 35 Lbs
- Batteries are 2×22 Amp
- Rear-wheel drive
- Four different warranties
- Safety through puncture-free tires and Anti-tipping
- Rechargeable but off-board
The lightness of this Golden Wheelchair makes it possible to store it away in minimum space and thus increases its Portability. The maneuverability is excellent as you can take corners easily or move in narrow passages inside the house. It has a top speed of 3.5 mph and is built of alloy steel. The fully charged battery has a range of 15.5 mph.
Related: Can your ECG Smartwatch Warn You About Heart Attacks?
7. Drive Medical Cirrus Plus EC Electric Wheel Chair
Drive Electric Wheel Chair Key Features:
- Padded Armrests with adjustable features
- Footrests which are swing away’s
- Tyres of superior quality which leave no marks
- Wheel locking is only manual
- Seat belt available
- Item heavy at 90 lbs
- Brakes are electromagnetic
The Cirrus Plus is not exactly lightweight but is built of carbon steel with a finish that glows. It is foldable and portable, and the Footrests swing away and ensure safety through calf straps. In addition to that are the heel loops, and the user relaxes in the fine upholstery, which has padding’s in it. The controls are best as it has a PG Controller that is programmable. Moreover, it is ANSI RESNA certified, and one can reach a speed of 5.5 mph on this power wheelchair.
8. Innuvo Intelligent Folding Electric Wheelchair for adults
Key Features of Innuvo Electric Wheelchair:
- Built using aluminum alloy, which is A- Grade
- Uses Lithium battery
- 2 brush motors of 200 W each
- One can control the functions through the manual or electrical method
- A person weighing up to 330 lbs can use this Wheelchair comfortably
- Tyres are Flat – resistant and durable
The Innuovo is a sturdy wheelchair powered by two motors and controlled by two modes. It is super light and weighs only 59 lbs, with its twin batteries ranging ten miles. There are many safety features, including the brakes, and the user experiences ultimate comfort on the breathable backrest and cushion. The Innuovo takes on bumps quickly, and the shock absorbers do protect.
9. K Klano Foldable Electric Wheelchair
K Klano Electric Wheelchair Key Features:
- Weighs 30 lbs
- Foldable and compact
- 200X2 brushless motors
- High-quality tires allow mobility on all terrains
- The detachable battery is Lithium-ion
- The electromagnetic brakes provide excellent safety
The Klano is arguably the lightest power wheelchair at 30 lbs. The lightness results in multiple advantages such as Portability, storage, mobility, and sturdiness. The chair is of excellent design, and the frame is sturdy. The all-terrain Wheelchair can climb slopes 12 degrees inclined, and it takes a maximum of eight hours to recharge the battery.
10. Majestic Buvan Electric Wheelchair
Key Features of Majestic Buvan Electric Wheelchair:
- The frame is constructed of aluminum alloy
- Water-resistant brushless motors with power of 500W DC
- Can be used by people weighing up to 365 Lbs
- Remote control available
- Intelligent Joysticks and high-quality lithium battery
- Warranty for spare parts and battery of one year and six months, respectively
The Majestic Buvan can reach a top speed of 4 mph and be driven on all terrains, and the upholstery is premium leather ventilated and can be easily removed for a wash. The front wheels are wide at eight inches and allow the chair to rotate 360 degrees. It is lightweight at 65lbs, including airline-approved batteries.
Q. What to look for in an Electric Wheelchair?
Ans. The features to look out for in an electric wheelchair are listed as below:
- Is it accepted by every Airline?
- Rear and front tires quality
- All-terrain mobility
- Degree of recline
- Easily removable and washable Upholstery
- Would it suit the user’s weight?
- Is it made of durable material?
- Enduring batteries.
- Is the joystick handy?
- The maximum range of travel
Q. Are Electric Wheelchairs dangerous?
Ans. The power wheelchair is almost like a scooter, and one needs to be cautious. The user should be aware of the traffic around them and strap them with the seat- belt. The all-terrain wheelchair can skid on wet and grassy surfaces, and the wheelchair should have electromagnetic brakes in case they need to halt suddenly. Therefore, the safety and security features should be top-notch matched by the user’s alertness.
Q. Power Wheelchair Vs Manual Wheelchair
Ans. The manual chair requires the full strength of the user to guide himself, and there is practically zero maintenance. The disadvantage is that they cannot move faster and thus become dependent on people to push the chair. The power wheelchair is as good as a scooter, and the user is almost independent. It does cost to maintain it, but the dependency on others falls, preferable.
Ensure that the chosen Wheelchair will have complete access to every room in your home before you buy it. For this purpose, you have to know the perfect measurements of all the doorways and entrances at home and then choose the Wheelchair which suits the specifications.
Your pursuit of the ideal Wheelchair is sure to be aided by the information provided in this article. Wheelchairs are the subject of several of the facts presented above. With any luck, the content of this article will assist you in making an informed decision and selecting the right product.
You might also be interested in: Best Electric Scooters For Kids In India 2022