NFC bridges the gap between contactless payments and unlocking your phone every time you need to make one. The latest smartwatches are using NFC to facilitate contactless payment, a feature that is very useful in the current pandemic scenario. Earlier, smartphones with NFC were a lucrative proposition but with the advent of smartwatches, using NFC to pay using smartwatch makes more sense. I have listed out the best smartwatches that support NFC payments and can make your shopping and bill payment easier at convenience stores, shopping malls, and restaurants.
1. TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE
Ticwatch Pro-Lite is made of polyamide and glass fiber with a stainless-steel bezel and aluminum back cover. The watch has MLT-STD-810G durability certification that makes it ideal for outdoor usage. You can track motion detection with the help of AI algorithms. You can make NFC payments via Google Pay with Ticwatch Pro. The NFC Google Pay option is available in certain countries, so check for availability before buying the watch.
· Three different battery modes that you can switch between according to your requirement.
· Smart Mode gives 2 days of battery life, Auto-switch Essential Mode gives 5 days of battery, and Essential Mode gives 30 days battery life.
· Crafted from premium and durable materials to withstand all kinds of challenging environments.
· Layered display technology along with two screen modes for extended usage time.
· Mobvoi Tick Pulse Technology for precise heart rate tracking and monitoring.
Buy TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE on Amazon.in (India)
Buy TicWatch Pro 4G/LTE on Amazon.com (USA)
2. Apple Watch 6
Apple Watch 6 offers holistic health features that make it one of the best in the business. Besides this, you can do seamless NFC payments in one touch with the help of the Apple Watch 6. The watch has a Blood Oxygen, ECG app, and Sleep app that takes care of your health.
You can track activities like running, swimming, cycling, and yoga. NFC or Near Field Communication is offered by the Apple Watch 6. You can make secure NFC payments using Apple Watch 6 at compatible NFC payment terminals. The thing to consider is that you can only make payments via Apple Pay. This also recommended as best-smartwatches for NFC payments
· The watch has an Always-On Retina display for outdoor usage. You also get customizable faces to switch according to the occasion.
· You can record on-demand readings of your blood oxygen.
· Sleep app to develop a healthy sleeping pattern and improve your focus throughout the day.
· You get an Always-on altimeter to track every elevation change during physical activity.
· 75 million songs on Apple music along with motivating podcasts
Buy Apple Watch 6 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Apple Watch 6 on Amazon.com (USA)
3. Fossil Gen 5 LTE
Fossil Gen 5 is one of the rarest smartwatches which hangs on to the Wear OS platform. The watch comes with 1GB RAM for buttery performance along with 8GB of storage capacity. The unique feature of the smartwatch is the audible alerts that help you to locate it quickly.
The watch comes with an NFC payment capability that can help you make hassle-free payments. You can use the Google Pay app to make payments at compatible NFC payment terminals.
· The smartwatch has extended battery modes that make it a beast performer.
· Premium hardware features for a buttery smooth performance along with interactive UI.
· The watch has 3ATM water resistance certification, along with a built-in altimeter, accelerometer, and gyroscope for fitness enthusiasts.
· You can store plenty of third-party apps on the smartwatch to utilize its functionalities.
· Three custom battery modes for moderate as well as extreme usage conditions
Buy Fossil Gen 5 LTE on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Fossil Gen 5 LTE on Amazon.com (USA)
4. Garmin Vivoactive 3
Garmin Vivoactive 3 is a feature-loaded smartwatch that can do wonders for users. The watch has a GPS, long battery life, health tracking sensors, Vivoactive Music, and much more. You can also make contactless payments on the Garmin Pay app with a Vivoactive watch. You can use the Connect IQ store to benefit from the multiple utilities of the smartwatch. The watch can stay awake for 12 hours in GPS training mode, and a maximum of 7 days in Smartwatch Mode. The contactless payment feature is available in multiple locations that you can check before buying.
· The watch has 10 preloaded indoor sports apps to track your day-to-day physical activities.
· You get an Accelerometer, Barometer, Thermometer, and compass in Vivocative 3 smartwatch. The watch also has 5 ATM certifications to tackle water splash and ingression.
· The watch has numerous digital watch faces that can be downloaded from the IQ store for every mood and occasion.
· You get 8 days of battery life in smartwatch mode. The other two battery modes are GPS training mode and GPS mode.
· You can make a contactless payment with the watch using the Garmin pay app.
Buy Garmin Vivoactive 3 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Garmin Vivoactive 3 on Amazon.com (USA)
5. Skagen Falster 3
Premium-looking Skagen Falster 3 comes with an appealing design. It is a compact smartwatch paired with interchangeable straps in vibrant colors. The smartwatch is also compatible with NFC payments that can be a handy feature for the users. This is one of the best smartwatches for NFC payments.
The battery performance of the battery is a standout feature. It comes with custom battery modes that can offer long usage hours. You also get a built-in speaker that can help you make and receive calls. The watch has Snapdragon Wear 3100 SoC paired with 1 GB of RAM. You can use the NFC feature with Google Pay app on your smart devices.
· The watch offers 8 GB of storage space to install third-party apps and audio files in the smartwatch. Built-in GPS and speaker are some other perks you get in this smartwatch.
· You can sync the app watch with the Google Fit app. Besides, you can also sync it with OS fitness apps to track your health metrics.
· You get four custom battery modes for every usage scenario. The watch can stay awake for long periods besides the always-on display feature.
· With the help of the magnetic USB rapid charger, you can charge the watch up to 80 percent in one hour.
· You can use the Google assistant to execute various commands like making payments via Google Pay.
Buy Skagen Falster 3 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Skagen Falster 3 on Amazon.com (USA)
6. TicWatch C2 Plus
Sport-looking TicWatch C2 Plus would be an ideal smartwatch for the users. The watch has an AMOLED touch display that assists you in tracking data under direct sunlight. You get interchangeable silicone straps in the smartwatch. The smartwatch is compatible with Android and Apple devices and runs on Google Wear OS.
Ticwatch C2 Plus has an NFC payment feature that you can use on Android smartphones and tablets. You can use the Google Pay app to make seamless digital payments. Snapdragon Wear 2100 Chipset is paired with 1GB RAM for smooth performance.
· You can switch the watch faces from the vast options available. The smartwatch has both analog and digital watch face options. You can also download plenty of third-party apps from Google Play Store.
· The watch comes with an in-built GPS, step tracker, and heart rate monitor. You can opt for the Google Health app or download third-party fitness apps.
· You get battery optimizations and battery boost modes to extend the usage time of the smartwatch.
Buy TicWatch C2 Plus on Amazon.in (India)
Buy TicWatch C2 Plus on Amazon.com (USA)
7. Samsung Galaxy Watch Active 2
Samsung is the first best choice after Apple for the users. Samsung gadgets offer quality and performance at a reasonable price tag. They can experience the fluid user interface of the watch while operating its functionalities.
You get an Exynos 9110 chipset paired with one and a half GB of RAM for superior performance. Digital rotating bezels are one feature that can appeal to buyers. You can take assistance from the 39 built-in trackers to track your health metrics.
· The smartwatch supports NFC payment via Google Pay and Samsung Pay platforms. You can rotate the visual bezel to make seamless digital transactions.
· You can download the third-party apps on your smartphones for a customized set of fitness and health apps.
· The smartwatch has IP68 and 5ATM water and dust resistance certification. You can carry the watch outdoors for any sports activity.
· You get 39 built-in trackers for every outdoor sport and activity tracking.
Buy Samsung Galaxy Activ 2 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Samsung Galaxy Activ 2 on Amazon.com (USA)
8. Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Another addition on our list from the Galaxy series is Samsung Galaxy Watch 4. Besides fitness tracking, you can use this smartwatch to measure your body composition. You can measure BMI, BMR, and Body water with Galaxy Watch 4.
The watch is capable of providing a holistic analysis of your sleeping pattern. It can analyze sleep stages while you are in a state of deep sleep. The watch has an aluminum metal frame that can withstand outdoor roughness.
· Make payments at compatible NFC terminals with Samsung Pay and Google Pay.
· You can measure various body compositions to look for areas of improvement in your health.
· The watch has a BioActive Sensor and the fastest chip for superior performance.
Buy Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Samsung Galaxy Watch 4 on Amazon.com (USA)
9. Suunto 7
Suunto 7 is a hardware and software beast that can be just the ideal NFC payment smartwatch. With a Qualcomm Snapdragon 3100 processor along with 1GB RAM, you can enjoy a buttery smooth user experience. The smartwatch has a stainless-steel build that makes it durable. The 1.39-inch AMOLED display produces bright and punchy colors. This affordable smartwatch can assist you in making digital payments via Google pay, thanks to NFC technology. You can consider these as the best smartwatches for NFC payments.
The watch offers silicone and microfibre textile straps to switch between on any occasion. You will love the watch if you are a sports enthusiast, thanks to 70+ sports modes and built-in GPS. You can install third-party fitness apps based on your likeness.
· 70+ sports modes along with offline outdoor maps are some valuable focal points for fitness enthusiasts.
· The watch has HR sensor data that assist you in performing a productive training session.
· You get Google Play Music and YouTube music to enjoy your favorite audio tracks.
· Personalized Suunto sports app to track all the sports activities
Buy Suunto 7 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Suunto 7 on Amazon.com (USA)
10. Samsung Galaxy Watch 3
With over 120 home workout programs, Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 can be on your checklist while looking for NFC-supported smartwatches. The watch has a super AMOLED screen that supports the high-quality resolution. The rotating bezels of the watch add a fun touch to the user experience.
Talking about the software of the watch, it runs on Samsung’s Tizen software. The watch offers 80k watch faces for customization. Besides this, you get a built-in speaker and microphone to manage all audio activities. Like other Samsung smartwatches, you can use Google Pay and Samsung Pay for NFC payments.
· You can use several workouts and tracking modes for sports like running, walking, cycling, rowing, and other dynamic workouts.
· SPo2 monitoring to measure your blood oxygen level and keep a close track of your health.
· Sleek and stylish design with skin-friendly straps. A circular dial will flaunt when you put the watch on your wrist.
· Make NFC payments with both Google Pay and Samsung Pay platforms.
Buy Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 on Amazon.in (India)
Buy Samsung Galaxy Watch 3 on Amazon.com (USA)
This was an elaborate line-up of the best smartwatches that support NFC payments along with the capabilities of a feature-rich smartwatch. If you use Apple Pay then your sole alternative is the Apple Watch 6 that supports payments via apple pay. For other popular payment methods such as Google Pay, Samsung Pay, Garmin Pay, relevant smartwatches from corresponding brands are available.